Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Can My Name is Earl Be Saved?

NBC has been making some bad decisions lately and the decision to cancel My Name is Earl is the worst. Well, okay, it's only my favorite show in the world, so maybe I'm a little biased.

I'm not so sure writing to NBC Entertainment co-chairman Ben Silverman will work. First, NBC didn't tell Earl creator Greg Garcia about the cancellation until 30 minutes before it released its fall schedule.

Then, to add insult to injury, Silverman pretty much slapped the show in the face by claiming they canceled the show because it didn't get the write-in support that Chuck did.

Meanwhile, Garcia said it was hard to be upset about being thrown off the Titanic. Clearly, there's no love lost between those two.

So we may want to rely on the other networks that have considered picking up Earl.

What can we do to help? I'm not quite sure, but I did sign all the petitions I could find. I Googled "My Name is Earl petitions" and came up with this list:

http://www.google.com/search?q=my+name+is+earl+petitions&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS177US228


If you do want to write to Ben Silverman and tell him what a knucklehead he's been, here's the address:

Ben Silverman, co-chairman of NBC
3000 W. Alameda
Burbank, CA 91523

You can also write to

Angela Bromstad
NBC president of prime-time programming
100 Universal City Plaza
Bldg 1320, 4th Floor
Universal City, CA 91608

Thanks to Chicago Tribune writer Maureen Ryan's excellent article on how to save Chuck for those addresses!

One last thing you can do. If you Twitter, follow EarlTwitition (although I've been disappointed at the infrequent postings).

If I find out more we can do, I'll let you know. I'd like to write to Fox and other networks to encourage them to pick up Earl.

No comments: